Friday, December 13, 2013

The Wall (1938), Mary Roberts Rinehart---and The News

This will be the first of two books from Judge Lynch's 1938 "best of" list (see immediately below on the blog) that I will review in the next several days.  It's also the first Mary Roberts Rinehart book I have read since novella "The Confession" (reviewed here last year).

How does it hold up seventy-five years later?  On the whole I think The Wall is the best Rinehart book I have read.  But you'll be hearing more about this later today (I really should have the full review up before the end of the day).

Also, I will have some news this weekend about the collection of mystery essays in honor of mystery scholar and publsiher Douglas G. Greene that I've been editing this year.  We now have an official title for the book--and a cover illustration.  I look forward to talking more about this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment