Friday, May 14, 2021

Transitions

I just noticed in my previous post that the article I published was a modified version of my original Hunt in the Dark introduction, but it does include the original references to The Red Balloon and The Predestined, which were supposed to be included in the original collection. So that will have suffice. I can't help feeling sorry for Rickie Webb, getting it in the neck again with the exclusion of his two Fifties stories, probably the last fiction he ever wrote. Maybe I can resurrect them with another publisher, as well as the rest of the uncollected novelettes.

 I will be talking about Rickie Webb and Hugh Wheeler both at the Bodies from the Library conference tomorrow, so I hope to "see" some of my blog readers there! The story of the two men's creative and personal life together is a very interesting one indeed, I think, and his occupied much of my writing time for three years now.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your talk on Saturday, Curt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your talk on Saturday, Curt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your talk on Saturday, Curt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that was worthy saying thrice! ;)

    I'm glad, and I'll have more to say about BFTL next week.

    ReplyDelete